Tomorrow (Tuesday) at UL

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Tomorrow (Tuesday) at UL

Postby btjsfca » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:42 am

Looks like tomorrow is the day. I'm looking to get out. It seems like Lincoln is the call for most kiters lately. I suppose that means that SSB is still mostly underwater.

What are the directions to Lincoln? Is that where folks are looking to kite?

Hope to hook up with all y'all manana.

Arriba.

-J
btjsfca

Re: Tomorrow (Tuesday) at UL

Postby Chris Gammon » Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm

Hi group
I will be in SLC tomarrow to put my daughter on a plane. I plan to bring my Kites and make a day of it. I see your local wind guru says good wind at Utah lake and mentioned Lindon Beach as a good kite launch. Then in this post I see Lincoln Beach as the launch. Could someone clear up my confusion about which launch would be better. I'm not the best kiter but can easily stay up wind, ride and land a few jumps. Comming from Idaho and we just had three days of 9m winds but oh so gusty.
Chris
Chris Gammon

Re: Tomorrow (Tuesday) at UL

Postby hedquista » Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:11 pm

look for the local sites link at the top of the page. Lindon is next to old geneva and it and ok site to launch as long as the rednecks havent burned a couch or pallets. it has been better lately. lincoln beach is great to ride but the rocks under the water are sharp. lincoln has the better swell. it is just farther south. i hope i can get out of work quick tomorrow and will most likely be at lindon jsut cuz it is close but if there is not ample wind i will hoof it to lincoln. happy kiting.

Heady
hedquista

Return to Main Message Board