7/30 DC "SWARM"

Post your latest session. Provide the location, date, equipment used, and most importantly tells us about your fun. That fun is helpful to people who are thinking about where to go the next time.
Forum rules
Please at least list in the subject line "Date, Location, sail/kite size, board size"
Example:
04/15 Ut Lake SSB, 16M kite, 136
08/23 Sulphur Crick, 3.7M/78L

7/30 DC "SWARM"

Postby kentmerrell » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:15 am

I was part of the swarm of kiters at Deer Creek yesterday. Really fun! (Even enjoyed all the practice I got at drift launching). Getting to know my new 9M Warroo. Tried some different line settings and was impressed by how dramatically different it handled.

I also answered some questions for some guy with a big old video camera. Who was that, anyways?
kentmerrell

Re: 7/30 DC "SWARM"

Postby brian.doubek » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:40 am

In the interest of interpreting the DC indicators:

-were you drift launching because your kite was falling from the sky in the lulls? if so, was this happening to everyone?.
-what size kites comprised the rest of the SWARM?

If you have not seen this cam yet, Pan to the right and you can scope out dark side beach:

http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/deercreek/
brian.doubek

Postby JimSouthwick » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:05 am

My apologies to Brian. Yes, you really can see the East end of Darkside Beach, riders and all.
JimSouthwick

Postby kentmerrell » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:03 pm

brian.doubek wrote:-were you drift launching because your kite was falling from the sky in the lulls? if so, was this happening to everyone?.
-what size kites comprised the rest of the SWARM?

http://www.livelakeview.com/lakes/deercreek/

Well, there were a few lulls and a few times that I just crashed it. I think my 9M was the smallest kite out. Most seemed to be 13. Saw a couple 17s.
kentmerrell

Return to Wind Log