Board needed 130ish

Buy and Sell your kite gear here. Ads automatically removed after 6 months

Moderators: Josh Shirley, Craig Goudie, RickHeninger

Forum rules
-Sell or give away whatever you consider pertinent to kiting.
-Please delete what you've sold. Or update post after 3 months. (unless they are informatively helpful posts)

Board needed 130ish

Postby Jessica Gainer » Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Now that Chris and I are both kiting, I've realized I need my own board. I would love to hear any suggestions on good boards for women my size (5' 10" 125 lbs). If anyone is selling a good fit, I would definitely be interested. I've enjoyed Chris's 136 Liquid Force Chaos, but feel like it's a little big for me sometimes. I'm thinking somewhere in the +/-130 range.
Jessica Gainer

Re: Board needed 130ish

Postby Leo Chan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:25 am

I don't have much experience riding liquid in Utah with a kiteboard. But I guess the chops are smaller in Utah and you probably don't need a board that is good at handling chops that often. The difference in performance of various board designs is amazing. When the chop is a few feet high, I use my LF Drop 130 and it cuts through chops like butter. I also bought a 2009 Custom by Cabrinha. It is a jumping machine. It is very technical to get used to it since it likes to get out of the water. But once I got used to it, the boosting ability is so much better than a concave bottom design that the Drop has. I like the boosting power so much that I got myself a new Custom 144 so that I can boost in flat water!

My suggestion: try before you buy!
Leo Chan

Re: Board needed 130ish

Postby Jessica Gainer » Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:25 am

Thanks for your help, I rode a few different boards yesterday and found one I really like. I'm excited to ride.
Jessica Gainer

Return to Kites Buy/Sell