Is Rush worth it these days?

Daily Wind forecasts, questions about weather, gear, locations, etc.

Is Rush worth it these days?

Postby Chase.Leibfritz » Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

I haven't been out to rush in about a month. I know the moss was bad then so I can only imagine how it is now. Anyone been out there recently? Any problem relaunching with the moss swamping your lines?
Chase.Leibfritz

Re: Is Rush worth it these days?

Postby dallin_king » Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:22 pm

I've been out a few times in the last couple weeks and It's a pain, but manageable. All but one time I've taken a buddy so he can help me out if I get stuck. The one time I went alone I got stuck twice. The first time I wound the lines up about a quarter the way to the kite and cleared out some of the kelp. The remaining kelp wasn't enough to keep the kite down so I was able to get it back in the air. The second time it was really messed up. The kite was LE down and the kelp had a solid grab on the front left line. I had to wrap up the lines with a lot of pressure from the kite which was much harder to do than I expected. Maybe I should have initiated the safety realease?

Summary: if you can keep the kite in the air or the lines out of the water, and are ok looking like this coming out of the water:Image, it's quite nice.
dallin_king

Return to Main Message Board